Last updated May 2018
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
Our website allows you to send email messages. We will use the information you provide to respond to your inquiry. You should be reminded that email may not necessarily be secure against interception. Therefore, we suggest that you do not send sensitive PII, such as your credit card number, to us via email.
USE OF YOUR PII
- provide the information you request and to process and complete any related transactions;
- send you confirmations, and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the website;
- request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the website;
- send you information about our organization or that we think will be of interest to you;
- monitor and analyze site usage and trends, and to personalize and improve the website and our users’ experiences on the website;
- respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service; and
- fulfill any other purpose for which the information was collected.
In order to offer you a more consistent experience in your interactions with Orcasong Alliance, information collected by the website may be combined with information collected by Orcasong Alliance from other sources.
Additionally, we may share information with other companies so they may send you information about their products and services.
We may merge website-visitation data with demographic information, and we may use this information to provide more relevant content. We may combine website-visitation data with your PII in order to provide you with personalized content.
OrcaSong may share PII with vendors, consultants, and other third parties who are engaged by or working with us and who need access to such information to carry out their duties.
OrcaSong may disclose PII if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on OrcaSong; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of OrcaSong or its affiliates; or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of OrcaSong employees or agents, users of OrcaSong products or services, or members of the public.
PII collected on the website may be stored and processed in the State of Washington or any other state or country in which OrcaSong or its affiliates or agents maintain facilities, and by using the website you consent to any such transfer of information to another state or country.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND STORED AUTOMATICALLY.
When you browse through our website, certain information about your visit can be collected. We automatically collect the following types of information about your visit:
- Domain from which you access the Internet;
- IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when surfing the Internet);
- Operating system and information about the device or browser used when visiting the site;
- Date and time of your visit;
- Content you visited or downloaded; and,
- Website (such as google.com or bing.com) or referral source (email notice or social media site) that connected you to the website.
OrcaSong uses a variety of different web measurement software tools. For example, we may use Google Analytics measurement software to collect the information listed above. The data is automatically sent to Google’s system and the system immediately aggregates the data.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of this or other websites you visit.
Web beacons, also known as clear gif technology, or action tags, may be used to assist in delivering the cookie on the website. This technology is a tool we may use to compile aggregated statistics about the website usage, such as how many visitors clicked on key elements (such as links or graphics) on a web page. We may share such website statistics with other companies.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS
OrcaSong uses social media websites and other kinds of third-party websites. OrcaSong uses social media websites to engage in dialogue, share information and media, and collaborate with the public. OrcaSong may also use these websites to make information and services widely available, and as a service for those seeking information. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with such websites, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
OrcaSong will use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your PII from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, due to computer hackers, electronic malfunctions, and other events, OrcaSong cannot guarantee that such safeguards will always protect such information.
PROTECTION OF CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
This website is a general audience website and does not knowingly collect any personal information from children.
VISITING OTHER WEBSITES
Our website contains links to other websites. Such websites may not follow the same privacy, security, or accessibility polices. Once you link to another site, you are subject to the policies of that site. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of such websites. We encourage you to learn about their privacy and security practices and policies before providing them with personal information.
CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
PO Box 2071
Eastsound, WA 98245